We collect the following types of information that you provide to us directly:
- Your Mercury Alert account username, password and email address when you register for an Mercury Health account.
- Profile information you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture, phone number).
- User Content (e.g., images captured, audio, comments, and other data)
- Communications between you and Mercury Alert. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related emails.
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service;
- Develop and test new products and features
- To provide customer care and support;
- Diagnose or fix technology problems
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns;
- Automatically update the Mercury Alert application on your device
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside Mercury Alert without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
We may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms. We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you. We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information. If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users or third parties using the Mercury Alert API have copied or saved that information.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
Storage and Processing:
Your personal data is initially stored locally on the Mercury Alert device. It is encrypted and sent via HTTP to servers within Mercury Alertcontrol hosted by Amazon Web Services. The data is only decrypted once retrieved and secured by Mercury Alert’s servers. The data is then stored on these servers and permanently deleted upon request or after its use period has ended.The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we meet and exceed the commercially acceptable standards to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings. Following termination or deactivation of your account, Mercury Alert, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.